Breast augmentation, also known as breast implants, is a cosmetic therapy for women with breast problems or who want to enhance their breasts. The procedure usually involves taking fat from another part of the body and injecting it under the breasts. This process can be done in two ways – through an incision under the breast or through an incision on the chest wall.
How do I start with Breast Enlargement Surgery?
- Decide whether you want to get breast implants through an incision on the chest wall or under the breast
- Discuss your concerns with your doctor and decide which procedure would suit you best
- Undergo an evaluation with a board-certified plastic surgeon
- Learn more about your procedure, including the types of breast implants available and whether you are a candidate-Schedule an appointment to meet with your doctor
- Begin the process of getting your surgery!”I want to get breast implants through an incision on the chest wall or under the breast.”This is a very personal decision that should be discussed with your surgeon.
Consulting a board-certified plastic surgeon is recommended for accurate information about procedures, types of implants, and if you are a candidate.
Read also: Scalp Micropigmentation Safe for All Ages?
Common Reasons for Breast Enlargement Surgery
Common reasons for breast enlargement surgery are usually related to body image and self-image. The most common techniques include augmentation mammoplasty and augmentation mastopexy.
- Augmentation mammoplasty is a cosmetic surgery that builds up the size of breasts. It is done to enlarge the breasts and make them look more natural. This can be done through implants or fat transfer.
- Augmentation mastopexy is the surgical procedure to lift and remodel a sagging, pendulous breast. This may be done by removing overlying skin and tissue, re-contouring the breast, and/or creating a new form. The most common types of augmentation mastopexies are inframammary incisions, circumareolar incisions, or subglandular incisions.
- Mastectomy due to Breast Cancer. Breast cancer is the most common form of cancer in women, but some forms of chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery may be able to stop it. If you are diagnosed with breast cancer and decide to have a mastectomy, you will remove both breasts. Breast construction is usually requested after mastectomy.
- Gynecomastia, also known as “man boobs,” is a condition where breast tissue forms on the chest. It’s most commonly seen in adolescent males and can be caused by hormonal changes, genetics, or surgery. This is one of the reasons men undergo breast surgery.
- Disproportionally large breasts that cause back and neck pain. Women with disproportionately large breasts are at risk of experiencing back and neck pain. The main cause of this is due to the increased weight that they carry on their chest, rather than their arms, as they walk. This can potentially lead to injury due to the heavier load that they carry and can also be a factor in osteoporosis.
Why Consider Breast Augmentation in Tampa Florida?
In the United States, Florida is the favorite place for plastic surgery procedures owing to its warm climate. There are many known plastic surgeons in Florida with breast augmentation Tampa the most sought-after procedure in the state. Rhinoplasty or the nose job comes second. Before booking an appointment in one of the many plastic surgery clinics in Florida, consult with a professional plastic surgeon in your area first.